2. INFORMAL LETTER IN 7 STEPS 1. SALUTATION, (Comma & Hey!) 2. START A LETTER Thank when it comes to letter that is previous apologize for not writing before, one or two questions regarding family or friends. (1 short paragraph) — Informal letters to strangers: good reason why you are writing — 3. BODY Answer the data that you have been told, express your interest to learn more about that which was earlier mentioned. Make positive comments, respond 1 by 1 & use imagination. (2 paragraphs) 4. END YOUR LETTER with some questions so that the receiver feels, motivated to reply. Give news, be emotional, plan a date, leave contact details (1 pragraph that is short 5. CLOSING LINE (1 line 10 – 15 words) 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE (one or two words) You may use contractions or phrasal verbs ?
3. INFORMAL LETTER 1. Dear Martin, 2. TO START OUT A LETTER • Thank you for the letter. It absolutely was great to listen to away from you. How’s the new baby? • thank you for your letter and sorry for not replying sooner. • Sorry We haven’t written for so long. I’ve been really busy lately. Which means you bought a new house! How will it be?
4. 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE • Love, • Lots of love, • Cheers! Take it easy! • Best wishes, • most of the best, Marking Code: Capitalization, Organisation, Punctuation, Register/Formality, Sentence Structure, Spelling, Wrong form, Word order, Wrong tense, Wrong word, Word(s) missing, Omit word. INFORMAL LETTER 5. TO END A LETTER • Give my love to… • Ok, I’ve surely got to go now, so see you soon! • That’s about all. Do write soon and inform me what you’ve been doing. • I look forward to seeing homeworks site you soon. Many thanks in advance for the help.
5. “Task letter”
6. 1. Hello Simon, 2. I’m glad you have in mind my country. As your friend said, i would like us to email each other to simply help me boost your English. 3. Let me begin by telling you a bit about myself and my family. My name’s Ivo and I live in Kutna Hora, which will be about 45 minutes from Prague by car. I used to exert effort for a medical company but I am just understanding how to be a salesperson. Later on I want a job where I’m able to travel for might work. I have already been to a few places in Europe but I have never been to an English-speaking country. I live aware of my parents, which is convenient, as I don’t have to do housework that is much my meals are cooked for me personally. My younger brother is studying at university. Although he could be four years younger than me, we get on quite well. We both enjoy music and snowboarding. 4. What about you? Have you ever gone to the Czech Republic? It would be great if you could come over 1 day therefore we could fix up a meeting. The trend is to let me know your plans? 5. Anyway, i need to go and obtain on with might work! Looking forward to hearing from you soon. 6. Best wishes, 7. Siore (180-190 words)
7. FORMAL LETTERS
8. FORMAL LETTER IN 7 STEPS 1. SALUTATION, To strangers: To whom it might concern, 2. START A LETTER State the Reason why you might be writing. (1 paragraph that is short 3. BODY Answer the knowledge that you have been told. Give details about the issue you will be currently talking about. Respond the job references 1 by 1 & use imagination. (2 paragraphs) 4. END YOUR LETTER by expressing what do you wish to get because of this or answer. (Offer solutions, ask for something in return). Leave contact information (1 short pragraph ) 5. CLOSING LINE (look forward to ______ing ….) 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE (2 words) may very well not use contractions NOR phrasal verbs ?
9. FORMAL LETTER ORGANISING THE given information firstly Secondly In addition Lastly / Last but not least 5. TO END A LETTER I am looking forward to hearing away from you soon. Don’t use contractions. Dear Sir/Madam, Dear Mr. / Mrs. Smith Yours faithfully Yours sincerely 6. COMPLIMENTARY CLOSE yours sincerely, yours faithfully,
10. 1. Dear Mr. Smith, 2. I am writing to try to get the career of . that I saw advertised in “The Guardian” newspaper. 3. I am 23 yrs . old and also at the moment I am studying … at …. .Having studied English for more than seven years i will be a speaker that is fluent of language. My qualifications also include Proficiency certificates in both german and french. In terms of experience is concerned, I have worked as . for . As for my personality, people tell me i will be . 4. I feel I would be suited to this job because I. . This can give me the opportunity to ….. . I might also like the chance to. 5. I look ahead to hearing yours sincerely, 7. Siorella Gonzales away from you. 6
11. FCE ESSAY PRIOR TO STARTING Think of a remedy into the Essay question! Plan your essay. (Brainstorm for 5-10 minutes) Manage your time. (Aprox. 40 minutes) WHENEVER YOU FINISH ensure you have expressed yourself clearly. Look at your writing for grammar & spelling mistakes. TIPS NO contractions, colloquial expressions or ‘chatty’ style. Use complex grammar structures and vocabulary that is sophisticated conditional sentences and all sorts of PRESENT,PAST, FUTURE tenses. Give your OPINION IN THE END, NOT at the start.
12. The introduction should: • Start general and go til specific • be 3 to 4 sentences long. • have a sentence or 2 concerning the topic in general. • have a sentence telling the reader perhaps the essay will once look at or both sides associated with the issue. • have a question/idea which you will answer in your essay. (Paragraph 4) in conclusion should: • begin with :: in summary” ,“In the end”, “To sum up” etc… • be 2 to 3 sentences long. • Include a listing of your points that are main. • have a reference towards the question that is originalmake an effort to rephrase it). • have your opinion: “I believe…” I think” “I reckon” • do not have new information.
13. STRUCTURING YOUR ESSAY Mathematics! • Most people talk about 10-12 words per line. • You have to write an overall total of 190 words, so you should write about 18 lines as a whole. INTRODUCTION: (general thought) 3 lines (30-40 words) Paragraph 1/ Idea 1 4 lines (40 words) Paragraph 2 / Idea 2 4 lines (40 words) Paragraph 3 / Idea 3 4 lines (40 words) In CONCLUSION, 3 lines (30-40 words)
14. OUTLINE I. INTRODUCTION II. CONTRAST OF ARGUMENTS A. ADVANTAGES B. DISADVANTAGES (PROS AND CONS). C. GIVING OPINIONS OR SUGGESTIONS ABOUT THE TITLE. III. CONCLUSION
15. MEETING THE GOAL
16. TASK 3: a. Write the draft that is first of essay in an item of paper. (10 min) b. Check your partner’s draft that is first.
17. ESSAY LINKS http://teacher.sch olastic.com/activiti es/writing/persuas iveflash/transition alwords.htm http://www.flo- joe.co.uk/fce/stud ents/writing/linkin g/ Example question In class you’ve been technology that is discussing. Now, your English teacher has asked one to write an essay. Write an essay using most of the notes and provide grounds for your point of view. You must write your answer in 140-190 words in an appropriate style. Nowadays, technology is everywhere. Has technology made people’s lives better or worse? Notes Write about: 1.medical science 2.the internet 3.your own idea
Blogueira de primeira viagem, mas no alto dos meus 22 anos já fiz muitas outras coisas nessa vida que muita gente duvida!
Sou estudante do terceiro ano de psicologia, nasci na Botucatu dos Sacis e vim morar em Assis, Terra do Nunca, por opção. Sou mãe de cachorro, educadora por amor, amante de teatro, culinária e fotografia. Moro com colegas de república e minha filha Delícia. Nunca sei como será amanhã, mas porque sempre preferi não saber. Não vivo sem música, aprecio um bom vinho e uma boa companhia!
Vim escrever o Dificionário porque parto sempre do princípio de que não tá fácil pra ninguém, então resolvi procurar tradução pras dificuldades dentre as diferentes linguagens desse mundão de meu deus!